PoLR Ecommerce Survey Demographics

No Comments

Surfing statsWe recently undertook a pilot survey on the subject of e-commerce usage and opinions. The survey took place over the course of two weeks and allowed us to gain some valuable insights into how different aspects of e-commerce can be perceived by users.

When designing the survey we thought long and hard about its delivery. We finally settled on a purely online survey to get results from those who are already Internet users, to find out what their motivations are for buying (or not buying) online.

We will be posting a series of articles on our findings over the next few days but following on from our previous post ‘Yay for ladies-what-surf‘ we are kicking off the reporting of our survey results with a simple post regarding the internet usage of our guinea pigs!

To give you an insight into the demographic that took part in our quizzing let’s see if the increase in women surfer stats in the ‘Yay for ladies-what-surf‘ post followed through into our results…

First off, we were eager to find out what percentage of users already shop online. Out of our participants 55% were female and obviously 45% male. Out of that 100% of women shop online while 7% of the male participants don’t. Probably not too revealing, after all, there are loads of shoes and handbags to be bought on the web!

100% of the male participants use the Internet on a daily basis whereas the female’s show slightly less daily usage at 88%. The remaining 12% of females being split evenly between 2-3 and 4-6 days per week. Interestingly, the users who are online only 2-3 days per week were split evenly between 16-25 year old females and 36-45 year old females.

So, that should give you an idea of the demographic involved in our survey. Over the next few days we will be publishing the really juicy bits. If you want to be instantly updated with our new posts, why not sign up to our RSS feed here and be the first to read our e-commerce survey results!

This is author biographical info, that can be used to tell more about you, your iterests, background and experience. You can change it on Admin > Users > Your Profile > Biographical Info page."

About us and this blog

We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.

Request a free quote

We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.

Subscribe to our newsletter!

Fields marked with an * are required

More from our blog

See all posts